Day 2 macro plan update & why a health coach needs a coach!

Leave a Comment

Why does a health coach need a coach?

Well, I did a periscope about this topic today!

Feel free to check it out:


DAY 2 THOUGHTS

Today went a bit better than yesterday as far as the workout goes...doing cardio after the weight portion was way better, and more of what I'm used to when it comes to exercise.

I still haven't had a full day off to plan and prep my meals so I'm still doing things a bit on the fly, which it tough only because I can't follow the plan exactly, which would make it easier.

Instead I'm trying to make substitutions with what I have on hand, and it's working out ok but is more time consuming for me to think about, and using up brain space for this is not what I want to be doing, so I'm looking forward to when I have some time to really get things together.

I'm finding that my energy is different than normal, I feel like I have more energy somehow but also feel a bit more tired, I'm guessing this is just me adjusting to things, but it could also be because I'm writing this late at night and it's just time for bed!

I'm definitely not used to all the rice, so I've been doing more starchy carbs for some of the meals like the apron squash I roasted the other day.

Where do beets fall in? Are they like squash where 1 cup counts for 1/2 cup of starchy carbs or are they more like a starch themselves?

Also, what's the reasoning behind the protein only shake right after working out and then a breakfast shake later on? I'm super hungry after working out in the morning and want the second shake immediately after I finish the first, can I just combine it all together?

Eating six meals has also been a big change; I tended to eat three meals and probably two very small snacks a day before, and by small I mean a handful of nuts/seeds and then some chocolate and dried fruit in the evening, so the larger snacks and smaller meals is certainly different, though not bad.

This may also be TMI but my bowels have been moving along more consistently, which is a good thing, so I'm taking that as a sign that my body is happy with what's going on so far.

This is probably the most I've ever journaled about how my day went, and it's funny to think that someone else will actually be reading it, unlike all of the other times I've ever tried to do it consistently...maybe that's what will make it easier.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

A note from me

I recieve a small commision for the purchase of items from links in this blog, though the cost will remain the same to you no matter where you buy them from. If you do choose to buy the products, I sure do appreciate it if you buy them from me! You can be sure you're doing that by coming back to my page and using my links to take you to the website for purchasing. I have personally used each of these products and only recommend those that I believe in and find to be in alignment with my values and goals. Thank you for supporting me by purchasing through my links! If you ever have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch with me