Gingerbread Protein Pancakes

Leave a Comment

There are few things better than waking up to the smell of pancakes on a wintry morning. But, when you’re trying to get fit, pancakes are rarely on the menu. That’s why you see so many Protein Pancake recipes like this one. They’re light and fluffy like regular pancakes, but thanks to the addition of whey protein, they also pack a high-protein punch. And, since they’re made without wheat, they’re gluten-friendly too.

The spice mix of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg creates more than you’ll use in the pancake batter, but you can save it in an airtight container and use it on top of oatmeal or in a smoothie to infuse it with that classic gingerbread flavor.


Gingerbread Protein Pancakes

Total Time: 20 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: Makes 3 servings, 2 pancakes each

Ingredients:
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 pinch ground cloves
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use either Shakeology or Vega Sport in my recipes)
⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
4 large egg whites (½ cup)
¼ cup gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats
2 Tbsp. coconut flour
1 tsp. spice mix (see below)
½ tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. blackstrap molasses
Nonstick cooking spray
¼ medium pear, cut into bite-sized chunks (optional)

Preparation:
1. To make spice mix, combine cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
2. Combine protein powder, yogurt, egg whites, oats, coconut flour, 1 tsp. spice mix, baking powder, and molasses in a medium bowl; mix well.
3. Heat large nonstick skillet lightly coated with spray over medium heat.
4. Ladle about ¼ cup batter for each pancake; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on top. Flip. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Repeat until all batter is used.
6. Serve two pancakes topped with pear, if desired; serve immediately.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

A note from me

I recieve a small commision for the purchase of items from links in this blog, though the cost will remain the same to you no matter where you buy them from. If you do choose to buy the products, I sure do appreciate it if you buy them from me! You can be sure you're doing that by coming back to my page and using my links to take you to the website for purchasing. I have personally used each of these products and only recommend those that I believe in and find to be in alignment with my values and goals. Thank you for supporting me by purchasing through my links! If you ever have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch with me