S'mores Smoothie Recipe

Leave a Comment


S’mores is a classic summertime treat, and with summer just around the corner everyone has them on the brain, including Starbucks, who recently came out with a s'mores frappuccino.


But holy moly does that thing have some SUGAR in it!!
(from the Starbucks website http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/frappuccino-blended-beverages/s-mores-frappuccino

This baby is guaranteed to give you a serious sugar high, which is probably fun and all, but without the back-woods hike and campfire building to go along with it, like you get with real s'mores, you probably aren't going to use all that energy and it'll likely end up somewhere you don't want...not healthy!

So instead I found you a delicious s'mores inspired smoothie recipe to try making at home, one full of protein, superfoods, deliciousness, and 10x LESS sugar. 

There’s a coffee version and a caffeine-free version, depending on your preference. 



S’mores Smoothie (with coffee)

Total Time: 5 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients:
½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
½ cup brewed coffee, chilled
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 scoop Chocolate Protein powder (my favorite is Vegan Chocolate Shakeology)
2 tsp. ground whole wheat graham cracker crumbs, divided use
1 cup ice

Preparation:
1. Place almond milk, coffee, extract, Shakeology, 1 tsp. graham cracker crumbs, and ice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a serving glass and garnish with remaining 1 tsp. graham cracker crumbs; serve immediately.


S’mores Smoothie (without coffee)

Total Time: 5 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 scoop Chocolate Protein powder (my favorite is Vegan Chocolate Shakeology)
2 tsp. ground whole wheat graham cracker crumbs, divided use
1 cup ice

Preparation:
1. Place almond milk, extract, Shakeology, 1 tsp. graham cracker crumbs, and ice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a serving glass and garnish with remaining 1 tsp. graham cracker crumbs; serve immediately.



Small note, if you use any other protein besides Shakeology the nutrition won't end up being the same :)
Try either today and tell me what you think in the comments!
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

A note from me

I recieve a small commision for the purchase of items from links in this blog, though the cost will remain the same to you no matter where you buy them from. If you do choose to buy the products, I sure do appreciate it if you buy them from me! You can be sure you're doing that by coming back to my page and using my links to take you to the website for purchasing. I have personally used each of these products and only recommend those that I believe in and find to be in alignment with my values and goals. Thank you for supporting me by purchasing through my links! If you ever have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch with me