Turkey burgers that ROCK!

Leave a Comment
I am of the opinion that Sriracha, Worcestershire, and balsamic vinegar make any food taste better...so having all of these together in one recipe means these are likely to be AMAZING!!


I can't wait to try this recipe out...I'll be leaving out the egg whites (eggs and my digestive system don't get along so well) so mine may not stay together as well, but I'm sure they will still be as delicious.


Eggs are one of the top 8 allergens, so even though eggs that come from chickens that have been pasture-raised, are hormone free, antibiotic free, and fed non-GMO supplemental food (basically happy chickens that live a normal “chicken-like” life) are really healthy and one of the worlds super foods, I don’t digest them well and they cause me a lot of gas and inflammation, so I avoid them. But if you can eat eggs, then find a local farmer (or get some chickens for yourself), and feel free to add them to this amazing recipe to help keep your burgers together better on the grill.

(p.s. if you think you may have digestive problems get in touch with me, I can help)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Many people are used to DRY pre-made Turkey burgers that have no flavor and are nothing to write home about! Well this recipe will make you revisit (and re-think) picking up a frozen bag of burgers again! By making your own homemade Turkey burgers, you will get more protein, more flavor and a great juicy turkey burger in less time than it takes to thaw those frozen patties out. Plus, no preservatives, processed grains and fillers! We left out the breadcrumbs and substituted egg whites to bind the burgers together.
In this version, I serve it on a sandwich thin but my favorite way is to eat it as a lettuce wrap. Pile leaves of bibb or butter lettuce together to make a top and bottom “bun” and you will get additional veggies and extra crunch too!
I like to make extras and freeze the burgers after I cook them. They are easy to thaw and take for lunch or dinners in a pinch!

Turkey Burgers     (Serves 4)

  • 20oz Package lean ground turkey (preferably organic, free range, and antibiotic and hormone free)
  • 2 Cloves garlic – finely minced
  • ½ of a small yellow onion (finely diced)
  • 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • ½ Tbsp Sriraccha (these will not be hot)
  • ½ tsp Salt
  • ½ tsp black pepper
  • 2 egg whites
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Take a small amount of mixture out and fry on griddle to make sure it is seasoned to your liking… taste. (I always do this before making the whole batch).
**Adjust seasoning if necessary. Divide mixture in 4 to make (4) 5oz patties. Fry on griddle until cooked through (approximately 6-7 minutes per side).
Burger toppings:
  • 4 Oroweat Sandwich Thins (or) bibb/butter lettuce wraps
Bibb lettuce, tomato, onion slices, pickles and favorite condiments. (Be careful to limit your condiments to a few teaspoons, as they can add significant calories to your meal quickly).

Do you make turkey burgers?
I'd love to know what you put in yours to make them tasty! Leave me your recipes in the comments below!




Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

A note from me

I recieve a small commision for the purchase of items from links in this blog, though the cost will remain the same to you no matter where you buy them from. If you do choose to buy the products, I sure do appreciate it if you buy them from me! You can be sure you're doing that by coming back to my page and using my links to take you to the website for purchasing. I have personally used each of these products and only recommend those that I believe in and find to be in alignment with my values and goals. Thank you for supporting me by purchasing through my links! If you ever have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch with me